Sunday, January 17, 2010

What a week! Week 2 of Muddy's Training

So, I guess if I'm going to have a blog, I should do something with it!  I've been so busy training I haven't done much else.

So here's the skinny:
Week One -

Ally, Lilly, Ron, Eric (behind), Lauren, Faye, Julie & Julia

The beginning of the year started out with a great ride starting at my house and heading north for the Crystals Springs loop - 32 miles with a few hills just to keep it interesting.



Week one ended with my trip to South Carolina, where though I missed the team ride, I did get in an 8 mile run through the "Low Country". 
My totals for the first weak of the year: Swam 1.5miles, Cycled 25 miles, ran 23 miles and at least 300 sit-ups!

Week two Muddy (the coach that makes our training schedule) had a lot in store for us....

The week included a few swims, some running, some core, some spinning and of course the weekend was capped off with a big ride and a long run!
Ron and I did most of the workouts together.  I learned some Chi running techniques - lean forward, mid-foot strike, something about my pelvic tilt ???.... there seems to be lots more to learn. 
Saturday Eric led the group on a 43 mile ride with 20% hills starting at Chain Reaction, heading south over Mt Eden, then up Pierce Rd, then up up up up 9 to Skyline, over to Page Mill for a long and well deserved decent, around Arastradero with its little, but significant-feeling short climb, back down Alpine and then the home stretch down Foothill.  I think I have some sort of "horse returning to barn reflex" - the closer I get to the end the faster I go!  Let's hope that holds up!  Today was an 80 minute run on tired legs - Heidi, Julie and I headed out.... Heidi (likely the sane one among us) headed home at about three miles and Julie and I finished 8 miles in under 80 minutes and called it a day... walking out the last of the 80 minutes. 

Totals for week two: swam 3.9 miles, cycled 59 miles, ran 13 miles and sat-up 500 times!

Ironman here I come!

To see more pictures from our first ride you can look at the picture album


No comments:

Post a Comment