Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year - 2010!

2009 came to an end with a magnificent dinner... crisp salad with celery root, roasted brussel sprouts with pancetta and balsalmic reduction, mashed potatoes with leeks and pork tenderloin with enough garlic to guarantee zero kisses come midnight... and, of course, my favorite Portland dessert Baccone Dolce.  Pink Martini sang out the old and welcomed the new year at midnight.  Life is good.




Midnight also welcomed the beginning of 2010 - the year of Iron! 

I did not get going early, but I did get out for a run, once I managed to crawl out of bed.  There was one false start, when I made it to the window only discover that it was raining and blowing outside and that a snooze was in order.  The second attempt was successful.  I made it out the door and down the street to investigate Irvington - a great neighborhood in Portland with wonderful older, well-loved homes and yards.  Everyone seemed to out starting the new year off with a walk or run!  I ran east on Klickitat St. (Was that the street that Ramona Quimby lived on?  Seems like it might have been.)  I ran  through the Beaumont neighborhood to 57th and then back to 15th. 
6 miles.  Some hills.  Avg Pace 9:43 (9:31, 10:14, 9:51, 9:43, 9:28, 9:28) Calories: 821 Avg HR 174

A successful run that left me feeling ready to start the day and the year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment